Thursday, February 4, 2010

What is this thing about?


Twice this week I have had friends tell me that I need to find a way to share all of my "things to do with kids in Austin" and baby gear lists and summaries and collections of weblinks and other documented results of assorted parenting-related obessions.
This is the best way I can come up with to share such things that doesn't involve late nights (too many of those already for real job - just this Monday I pulled an allnighter then got on a plane to Dallas for a TRO hearing. But I think that belongs on another blog - we'll call it "Musings of the Curmudgeonly Lawyer," perhaps).

Where did the name come from?

"Fuss Bunny" is what my husband and I called First Daughter when she fussed without provocation during infancy. Second Daughter then came along, and she can be quite the Fuss Bunny when the mood strikes. Getting out on the town is one of our favorite ways to remove the "fuss" from the bunnies.
To start, here's a picture of the Bunnies, not fussing, out hiking on the greenbelt behind our house a couple of weeks ago. This is hands down my top favorite (free!) activity for kids in Austin, and one that's become a weekend tradition for us, involving a hike to get tacos and a splash in the creek. Lots of things to explore and learn about, including what a coral snake looks like ("red and yellow, don't touch that fellow!" is my edited version of the classic admonition) and why "leaves of three are not for me."

2 comments:

Zellmer said...

Emma looks like such a big girl here. I love the snarky look on her face. Welcome to the blogosphere my friend. I love it already. xoxo

Maria Bergh said...

Hey! Maybe some day you can even get paid for being everyone's resource ON on EVERYTHING. I don't even bother to read parenting books because I know you'll have read it and can give me the bullets. Yet another blog to distract me from caring for my children!